Meet Officer Rose Moreno, the Capitol Elementary School Resource Officer (SRO)
Officer Moreno is a very important member of the Capitol Elementary School Community. She serves as an officer and a law related counselor. She also educates our students about the law and works hard to help us all develop into outstanding citizens.
Her duties include:
- Preventing juvenile delinquency through close contact with students and school personnel
- Establishing a liaison with school principals, faculty and students
- Informing students of their rights and responsibilities as lawful citizens
- Acting as a liaison between students and social agencies
- Acting as a liaison to the principal in the investigation of violations
- Developing emergency plans for the school campus
- Counseling students
- Ensuring a safe school and work environment for all students and staff.